Thursday, April 26, 2012

Describing Climbing

I've been doing a Crit race in the D flite every week and I have found out that I am really slow. I always seem to find myself in a solo break off the back and basically time trialing around the course to the finish. I am having fun and it is improving my cycling ability and for me I guess that was the point anyway. A couple of races ago, I hung with a group until about the last two laps so that was encouraging. I also touched the wheel in front of me and almost went down, but somehow saved it and stayed on the bike. That was fun.

In addition to the racing, it is that time of year when most of the snow has melted on the mountain roads and it's time to start heading uphill. I was going to try and write something about climbing. Something that could describe climbing on the bike. For me climbing is hard. It take a lot of effort and it hurts my legs. Also, just as with racing, I am very slow. But again, I am having fun and it is improving my cycling ability and for me I guess that is the point. Its hard to describe, however, so I will just post some pictures and maybe you will get the point.

















1 comment:

  1. Alan S (Helment Fascist)April 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM

    Yay, new post! Keep on climbing and fighting in that crit series. I hate crits.

    ReplyDelete